New Orleans certainly has a lot of accommodation options to make your stay worthwhile. Depending on your preferences, here are some of the most popular options to check out:
Bed and Breakfast Hotels
If you’re looking for a hotel with four-poster beds, bed, and breakfast, then some of the options available are as follows:
- Claiborne Mansion – the place offers a unique accommodation experience with its soaring ceilings which give way to ample natural light. It also has a courtyard, lush garden, and a saltwater pool. You can get to enjoy a morning with your choice of baked goods.
- Chimes Bed & Breakfast – the hotel features rooms with large shared spaces. It also hotel offers a balance between personal space and warm hospitality. Each room has four-poster beds as well as original fireplaces. The gleaming wood floors and soft linen will leave you with a bright, airy feeling.
- Park-View Guest House – found at the corner between St. Charles Avenue and Audubon Park, its location makes it ideal for a walk along the park or for a view of the city from the balcony. Besides daily breakfast, you can enjoy the wine and beer that are stocked in the house.
Why not enjoy the best of New Orleans hotels if you can afford it? That said, below are some of the best luxury hotels throughout the city:
- Pontchartrain Hotel – the hotel’s attention to design gives you value for your money. The timeless elegance of the hotel’s exterior design is like nothing you have experienced before. The gilded mirrors, emerald overtones, and gold leaf accents are all a show of class.
- Audubon Cottages – the cottages cluster around a swimming pool. It is the best luxury option for people who enjoy having their space, since besides the pool, there are no common joints to hang around. The cottages date back to the 18th century, making them among the oldest buildings along the French Quarter.
The Crescent city has more than 300 years of detailed history. If you enjoy ghost stories and paranormal activity, why not enjoy your stay in a haunted hotel?
That said, you might want to stay in Hotel Monteleone. Located in the French Quarter and opened in 1886, it was home to royalties, movie stars, politicians, and other high-profile people.
Today, it is a luxury hotel with rumors of being haunted by numerous ghosts. At the lobby, you can expect a grandfather clock which is rumored to clock at every hour. Some people who have previously lived in the hotel claim to have seen a ghost that walks naked then unexpectedly vanishes.